Wednesday, May 6, 2009

She's Always Curious!

The other day Morgy asked me where My Grandma is, I didn't quite know how to answer this because as you can imagine explaining where Heaven is to a 2 year old is quite a challenge and so here it goes:
Morgy: "Mom, Where is your grandma live?"
Me: "My grandma lives in Heaven!"
Morgy: "Where are Heaven?"
Me: "It's up there" (as I point up)
Morgy: Looks up to the ceiling, confused.
Me: "No not on the ceiling up above the clouds. Far Far away!"
Morgy: Still looking very confused. "Far away like Maga's house??" (which is my mom's)
Me: "No even further.It's a place where sick people go"
Morgy: (Recently getting over another sickness asks)"Am I going to Heaven now?"
Me: "No it's a place where sick people who don't get better go that need to sleep."
Morgy: "Well I want to sleep!"
Me: "Well you're not ready to go to sleep up in heaven yet, you sleep here with me and daddy."
Morgy: "I want to sleep with your grandma."
Me: "Maybe someday you can."
Morgy: "Like yesterday?" (which means tomorrow in her terms)
Me: "No not tomorrow, not for a long time."
Morgy: "Can I sleep in a princess bed like at Maga's?"
Me: "Yes, I'm sure you can have whatever bed you like." (trying now to end this conversation!)
Morgy: Awright Mom! I are excited!

4 comments:

Katie said...

That is pretty sweet. I love their innocence. She is so cute. :)

Natalie said...

So cute! Isn't it fun trying to reason with kids? Love the conversations! Hope you guys are doing well!

Lydia said...

Don't you love trying to explain "big picture" things to kids? My kids ask me the strangest things sometimes. I swear. It seems like I try to evade the question for fear of instilling another strange idea in their heads. For example, I have c-sections. I was happy to give Hunter a full report of how his brother was going to "get out of my so big tummy?" Well now my kids are positive that all babies are born this way. Hunter will argue with anyone that babies must be born this way. It is kind of funny actually.

Morghan is such a cutie. I think it is sweet that she is figuring out that if she has a grandma then you should too.

Brittany said...

Oh boy!! That's a tough conversation for a 2 year old!