Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Blood, Sweat & Tears!!







Now that we are official redidents of Moab, it's only appropriate that we venture out on the mountain bike trails. On our first outing Nate picked an "easy trail" what that means is on the way out the whole trail is down hill which makes it fairly easy, on the way back it is the worst possible situation ever, mind you that Moab is on a good day 100 degrees, also keep in mind that I haven't worked out in oh... let's say 2 years and here I am riding a mountain bike for 7 miles up hill...I thought the world was coming to an end..Good Times. So a couple weeks go by and we decide to go on another "easy ride." Well after walking my bike up the first mile hill I finally got on and started riding across the slick rock, now it's called slick rock because it is slick rock. Here I am going at a good pace and all the sudden my pedal hit a rock that I didn't see, stopped me dead in my tracks and off the bike I fly. This is only a few miles into the trail. So I can feel the bruises beginning to swell on my legs, now we have reached the part of the trail where it is deep sand, and once again I am off and walking. Poor Nate, he goes ahead of me and has to stop and goes ahead and stop. We finally made it to the top and the views were beautiful so it was worth it, but I had a huge bruise on my thigh for a month or so.....

1 comments:

Lydia said...

I would've died. Me and slick rock don't get along so well! Actually I don't get along with 100 degree weather either. I still love Moab. Go figure.

I am glad that you survived.