Monday, October 6, 2008

Hunt of a Lifetime

Top 10 Reasons Why Wives and Hunting Dont Mix

10 Do you have this in pink?
9) Does this make me look fat?
8) How much longer?
7) I'm not touching THAT?
6) You shot Bambi!
5) But they're so Cute
4) We should call the Kids?
3) Do you have a Blanket?
2) I'm Cold
1) I have to Pee!!

Okay so for those of you that don't know, Nate drew out on the hunt of a lifetime this year. He found out in April that he drew out on the Paunsagunt hunt which only 17 people in the whole state got tags for because the bucks over there are huge. Well since April I have heard about it CONSTANTLY!! Now, when I say constantly I mean every night for the last 6 months. Not only that but when he went up to scout in July he took the video camera so I have had to watch "footage" as he likes to call it of Buck walking across the country. If you can imagine the excitement in that! Not that I'm not excited for him, because I truly am but for those of you who truly know me I am the worlds most biggest animal lover, so the thought of killing a helpless animal makes me sad. I supported him though, I even turned in to Betty Crocker this past week, cooking him stew, chili, homemade rolls, cookies, cornbread, muffins. You name it I was cookin it. So he's off and how excited he was. He was up by 5 a.m. Friday morning and wanted to be on the road by 9:00, oh he was out the door and on the highway by 7:15!! He's so funny over this and I guess I just don't understand. So it's just me and Morgy for the next 10 days. I will post pics when he gets his trophy deer!! I thought the Top 10 list was cute, because even though I wasn't invited to go on the hunt, if I did go that would totally be me!

5 comments:

The Gammell's said...

Hey Linds, I just found your blog. I have to laugh at the hunting because I totally get it. My husband is the manager for kings outdoor world. They are a camo company, I see camo all year long. I even wear it occasionally myself. Anyways, I haven't seen you forever. Your daughter is so cute... Keep in touch.. BTW if you ever need any camo, let me know.
Anna (warnick)Gammell

The Gammell's said...

P.S. kings is coming out with Pink Camo. I am first in line..

Anonymous said...

Hunting Huh?? Well I thought I squeaked by hunting season this year, but come to find out, Cory can do extended seasons in multiple hunts. Hope Nate has good luck. It's fun when they actually succeed. Emily

brookiebaby said...

I totally understand about the hunting. I have NEVER been able to get onboard with it or fishing. I am WAY too much of an animal lover to do that, but unfortunately, my husband is the total opposite. So, like you, I try to put on the supportive wife hat. Sometimes I feel like I'm living in the wrong place. If I were in a big city, I'd try to get a job doing PR for PETA or something. But, living in this small area, i have to just sit back and nod my head and smile when everyone talks about how exciting hunting season is! :) Good thing I LOVE my husband! :) Hope you survive the single life for the next 10 days!

Dee Ann Carter said...

Lindsey I totally hear you! That's all we have heard in our household. Only its not just Cory he's got the boys all excited and they can't even hunt big game! Cory goes this weekend. Then we are supposed to go as a family next weekend. Oh the FUN!