Saturday, October 11, 2008

Poor Little Buck!


So, the story goes. Wendesday afternoon Nate had come across the big buck that he has always wanted. The buck was about 250 yards away and was lying down watching Nate approach him. Nate couldn't get any closer for fear the buck would run off. So he shot at him (which everyone that was there says it was a difficult shot) and he missed. Yes, he missed the big tropy deer that he wanted. He called me and was so upset. They went out that evening and came across this deer which is still a very nice deer, but I guess not near as big as the one he shot at first. He still had a great time and is happy with his deer. He hopes to draw out again in years to come and get a bigger one.

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Congrats! I hope you like deer meat!!!:)Jarrod wants to go this year but I keep reminding him of our freezer FULL of Elk. So I don't know if he will or not.

BananabootsRN said...

Hey Linds! Tell Nate I think that is just sick and wrong...and to post a pictures! Poor Bambi! I was traumatized when I was 8 and deer hunting with my dad. It was really fun, playing with cousins and such, until they shot a deer and put it in the truck I was in. He was looking at ME with his eyes crossed and tongue lolling out. Pretty much the same look the deer in your picture is giving me. *sigh* Poor Bambi. :) he he. Keep Morghan safely away from deer hunting! :) I love keeping up with you guys, and the dogs too! Miss ya!

brookiebaby said...

You're such a good wifey to blog about your hubby's kill! :) I don't think that I fall into that category! :) Ryan came home the other day with over $300 worth of hunting gear and I just groaned! :)